Tuesday 1 February 2011

Twenty-ten, two thousand and ten or "Naught-ten"

As is customary at the beginning of every new year, I've been looking back and asking myself "Where did 2010 go?". At first I dismissed it as just another year that had gone by in-discernibly, but then I began looking back at my photos from last year. Here's a quick recap and some of the best photos I came across.

The album labelled "January to May" brought back to memory the Stereophonics gig in Sheffield. After arriving at the arena and parking the car I pulled my phone out of my pocket to discover 37 missed calls and 5 text messages from Al. He'd come on the train from Lincoln...and forgotten his ticket. All I can remember about the rest of the night is having Subway, getting Al a ticket from a tout and then sleeping on Al's floor in Lincoln after a good show.

In amongst the other photos I also found a picture of a homosexual man:













June signalled the start of a brilliant summer. Halloumi on the barbecue, sun, (a disappointing) world cup and Rob falling over.











July and August were probably the highlight of 2010 for me. Obviously the biggest highlight was when the British Virgin Islands won the world cup (On the XBOX). Other than that there were more barbecues, sun and a trip from Istanbul to London in there somewhere. The Topdeck experience was brilliant, I loved the people, the places and even spooning with Al when the tent got particularly cold in Prague. I also got to know a certain Yank very well, something I'm really happy about. I could upload thousands of photos which I'd class as my favourites, but instead I'll just upload this one:













After such a great summer I finally began my placement here, in Bremen. All in all I'm enjoying it. There are things that I miss from home, but also things that I'll miss about Germany when I leave. Bremen's a great city and I've managed to see a lot of the country while I've been here too.

This picture (no matter how stereotypical) shows exactly why I love this country:









Here's to another great year in 2011!

No comments: